View In: English or Spanish

What is the Process By Which a Person Can Avail of Residential Care Facilities?

Posted by on Apr 4, 2015 in Uncategorized | 0 comments

When an aged person needs to avail of residential care facilities, you will need to contact the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). The ACAT will conduct a free assessment of the individual’s situation for: Determining whether the person is eligible for a government subsidy towards the costs of residential care and, Identifying the type of care service the person requires i.e. care respite or other services Thereafter, the ACAT informs Centrelink. It also gives Centrelink the necessary information about the person’s income and assets. It is worth noting that if Centrelink does not receive...

Read More